ILSA is delighted to host
“Treating the Life Force with Classical Chinese Herbal Medicine”
Presented by Sharon Weizenbaum
NCCAOM-Approved for 13 PDAs/CEUs
Sat. (4/29/23): 9 am to 5pm CT
Sun. (4/30/23): 9 am to 5pm CT
67 E Madison St, Suite 1801, Chicago, IL , 60603
- Hybrid Lecture Format (Recorded Live Stream + In-Person)
- Lunch both days from 12- 1 PM
- For those attending in person:
- Recommendations for lunch locations will be provided to registered participants. The venue does offer a kitchenette which includes a refrigerator and microwave for participants and water will also be available.
- Recommend to bring a water bottle/snacks for yourself and anything to take notes (i.e. notepad/pen or laptop)
- Who? For All Licensed Acupuncturists & Students Enrolled in an Acupuncture Program
- Bonus! Saturday night (4/29/23), ILSA is also hosting a Meet & Greet pizza party for all registered course participants immediately following the lecture.
After this class, you will be able to:
- Explain how the 3 Yang confirmations (Tai Yang, Shao Yang, and Yang Ming) function to help our bodies receive, store, and
circulate Yang life-force
- Understand how classical Chinese herbal formulas effectively treat the 3 Yang Confirmations to restore function
- Differentiate Immune vs. Autoimmune responses, while still maintaining the true principles of classical Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Understand what is the “Ministerial Fire”, how it can lose its position, and how it can be treated to get it back to its correct place
- Recognize, diagnose and treat Yang confirmation dysfunction/pathologies in patients (both single and mixed patterns)
- Clinical focus on how these confirmations relate to: Insomnia, Menopause, Sjögren’s Syndrome, Migraine Headaches, Anxiety, and Depression
About the Instructor
Sharon Weizenbaum is the founder and director of White Pine Healing Arts and White Pine Institute. Sharon began her study of Chinese medicine 30 years ago, graduating from the New England School of Acupuncture in 1983 and spending several years studying with acupuncturist, Kiiko Matsumoto. After practicing for 7 years, Sharon traveled to live and study in Hangzhou, PRC in 1990. while there she interned and studied with Dr. Qiu Xiaomei and Dr. Cheng Yufeng in gynecology and obstetrics at the Zhe Jiang college of Traditional Chinese Medicine. She also studied extensively with the gynecology doctor Zhu Shurong from Shanghai. Upon returning from China, Sharon taught for 3 years at the Northwest Institute of Oriental Medicine in Seattle before returning to settle in Amherst, Massachusetts.
Sharon and ILSA have a history of collaborations including:
2010: Sharon was instrumental in ILSA sponsoring Dr. Huang Huang’s “Ten Key Formula Families in Chinese Medicine” seminar.
2011: ILSA sponsored Sharon’s seminar “Classic formulas: Patho-Physiology of selected Formulas with Case Studies” seminar.
2018: ILSA sponsored Sharon’s seminar “Treating Cancer Patients with Chinese Herbs” seminar.
More Information About the Course
In this weekend course, we will be looking at Chinese herbal medicine through the lens of this warm life-force. We will look at the physiology of Zhong Zhong-Jing’s Shang Han Lun as all about the Yang, the warm life-force. We will see how the Yang conformations, Tai Yang, Yang Ming and Shao Yang, relating to hollow organs, each in their own way work to help receive and circulate the warm life force. We will then see how the Yin conformations, which relate to Zang, storage organs, help us absorb and store the warm life force. Seeing through the framework of the warm life force, sheds clarifying light onto the structure of the Shang Han Lun, the deep meaning of the clauses and the focused use of the classic formulas from the text.
Bookings are closed for this event.